2012 IASD/DSF Research Grant Award Winners
The International Association for the Study of Dreams (IASD) in conjunction with the DreamScience™ foundation (DSF) is proud to announce the following research grant award winners for the 2012 grant cycle. In 2012 we received 8 excellent proposals for the grant cycle which ended 15 October. Awards are limited to the donations we receive so we must narrow the finalists down to a range where we have funds available. We wish to thank all eight of those who proposed research studies in the field of dreaming and encourage those that we were unable to fund this year to continue their efforts and consider IASD for future grant cycles. The top three winning proposals, and grant awardees were:
1) Tracey L. Kahan and Stephanie Claudatos, Santa Clara University
-"Cognition and emotion in dreaming: Are cognitive skills in dreaming more
strongly related to emotional intensity or to emotional valence?"
2) Wonjin Sim and Clara Hill, Chatham University - "International
Students’ Dreams During Cultural Transition"
3) Nicola Zippel and Francesco Peverini - University of Rome, Italy - "Sleep Apnea, Dream Disorders, and Disruption of the Self: An Integrated Philosophical-Medical Approach"
Two others of note in the top five finalists, which we did not have the
funds to award this year, were:
4) Shayne Dahl - University of Toronto - "Dreaming and the Cultural
Revitalization of the Ainu in Hokkaidō, Japan"
5) Frank Pascoe, Sonia Bartol, Fina Carpena-Mendez, and Michael Levenson, Oregon State University - "Iberian Dreaming"